Code review analytics (PREMIUM)
Moved to GitLab Premium in 13.9.
Use code review analytics to view review metrics per merge request and make improvements to your code review process:
- A high number of comments or commits may indicate:
- The code is too complex.
- Authors who require more training.
- A long review time may indicate:
- Types of work that move slower than other types.
- Opportunities to accelerate your development cycle.
- Fewer comments and approvers may indicate staffing requirements.
Code review analytics displays a table of open merge requests that have at least one non-author comment. The review time is measured from when the first non-author comment was submitted.
View code review analytics
- You must have at least the Reporter role.
To view code review analytics:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Analytics > Code Review.
- Filter merge requests by milestone and label.