YouTrack service (FREE)
JetBrains YouTrack is a web-based issue tracking and project management platform.
You can configure YouTrack as an external issue tracker in GitLab.
To enable the YouTrack integration in a project:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select YouTrack.
- Select the checkbox under Enable integration.
- Fill in the required fields:
- Project URL: The URL to the project in YouTrack.
Issue URL: The URL to view an issue in the YouTrack project.
The URL must contain
:id. GitLab replaces
:idwith the issue number.
- Select Save changes or optionally select Test settings.
After you configure and enable YouTrack, a link appears on the GitLab project pages. This link takes you to the appropriate YouTrack project.
Reference YouTrack issues in GitLab
You can reference issues in YouTrack using
<PROJECT>-<ID> (for example
<PROJECT>starts with a letter and is followed by letters, numbers, or underscores.
<ID>is a number.
<PROJECT>-<ID> in merge requests, commits, or comments are automatically linked
to the YouTrack issue URL.