Sidekiq job size limits (FREE SELF)
Introduced in GitLab 14.3.
Sidekiq jobs get stored in Redis. To avoid excessive memory for Redis, we:
- Compress job arguments before storing them in Redis.
- Reject jobs that exceed the specified threshold limit after compression.
To access Sidekiq job size limits:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Admin.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Preferences.
- Expand Sidekiq job size limits.
- Adjust the compression threshold or size limit. The compression can be disabled by selecting the Track mode.
|Limiting mode||Compress||This mode compresses the jobs at the specified threshold and rejects them if they exceed the specified limit after compression.|
|Sidekiq job compression threshold (bytes)||100 000 (100 KB)||When the size of arguments exceeds this threshold, they are compressed before being stored in Redis.|
|Sidekiq job size limit (bytes)||0||The jobs exceeding this size after compression are rejected. This avoids excessive memory usage in Redis leading to instability. Setting it to 0 prevents rejecting jobs.|
After changing these values, restart Sidekiq.